Holdsworth Frame Numbers

This is a recent acquisition, a Majestique.
The previous owner said it was a 1979 model but I was a little sceptical of this as the Majestique's aren't mentioned in the CB catalogues till 1981. & this frame didn't have the lamp lug on the forks (which was removed on the '85 & '86 models)
But, the numbers on the BB & the forks match, number 016001, which puts her slam bang in the middle of 1979.

Attachments

• DressRehearsal.jpeg
    DressRehearsal.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 586
  • 016001.jpeg
    016001.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 586
Is there a digit missing from the end of this? only 5 Digits? 04753? would make it late in 82 almost borderline 83 sale.

Re: Re:

Seansurfer":8ol9ktoe said:
Here is the original receipt

Very interesting, we have the 1952 numbers starting at 16000 currently. Suggesting at March build date for this June sale, depending on your view of build to sale date that sounds about right, I guess.

PeachyPM":2e8960x5 said:
This is a recent acquisition, a Majestique.
The previous owner said it was a 1979 model but I was a little sceptical of this as the Majestique's aren't mentioned in the CB catalogues till 1981. & this frame didn't have the lamp lug on the forks (which was removed on the '85 & '86 models)
But, the numbers on the BB & the forks match, number 016001, which puts her slam bang in the middle of 1979.

I am working on update of the numbers and this would have 1979 starting around 016100. This would make this a late 1978 build date and potential sale in 1979. i would be interested in other view on the frame ID.

Re: Re:

Hi there PeachyPM

"Just spotted this on e-bay, frame number 04735. can only be from '81 to '84 as those were the "Gold years" for the Majestic.
Numbers point towards 1983, the one year we don't have a catalogue for!"

Do you have link to this eBay frame? It doesn't pop up for me. As Dave says 04735 number doesn't make sense as digit would appears missing and I would say deducing anything from this without number confirmation is impossible.

Also re your daughter's frame:
"This is a recent acquisition, a Majestique.
The previous owner said it was a 1979 model but I was a little sceptical of this as the Majestique's aren't mentioned in the CB catalogues til 1981... number 016001, which puts her slam bang in the middle of 1979"

Do you know on what basis previous owner called this frame a 1979 model? Wonder, was it also perhaps based on Dave's present prediction table and thus reinforcing a prediction that is already subject to revision?

Doug

Hello Dave & Doug,
The e-bay listing has now gone un-sold, I was only interested as a donor bike for parts for my Majestic and my daughters Majestique. I did question the missing digit and asked for a photo but received no answer, I think we will have to write that source off.
I have however received another number; 047736, probably an ’83 (if I’m looking at the correct list) from a completely separate e-bay listing, again I was only interested in the parts. It’s for a blue Majestic (The blue that only appears in the known catalogues for '84 & '85 but that doesn’t mean it can’t be an '83, we just can’t confirm with a catalogue)
As for the Majestique, the previous owner cited the lug work and the head badge (but H Lloyd sell these – I’m putting one on my ’84 Majestic, it just looks smarter than the sticker) attached are some more photos, the BB stamp 016001 and the head post lug work, which was simplified I think from 1980 onwards.
As for it being a 1978 model Dave, I’d be very pleased if she was, but am I looking at an old version of your list? As this one; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TNKZkN4TmM
has that number in 1979 (unless I’m being daft and reading it incorrectly).

Chris.

Attachments

• 047736.jpg
    047736.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 562
  • '70'sLugs.jpeg
    '70'sLugs.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 562
  • 016001.jpeg
    016001.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 564
Thanks for the additional number, yes I make this 83 too. As far as 016001 goes we also have a Majestic, 016797, reported as being bought new in 1979 if that helps. I have updated the files on the google cloud.

Hello again!

Yesterday I made contact with a person here in Sweden who is selling a DBS Professionale. The frame looks exactly like mine, much larger of course, but otherwise the same.
I´ve asked about specific details such as frame number and Shimano date codes on the DA group. The frame number is 003228 which indicates 1976, but the components says August 1977. I will try to get a high resolution picture from him, in the mean while You will have to settle with this.

Best regards,
Patrik

Attachments

• DBS Professionale 76_77.jpg
    DBS Professionale 76_77.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 404
Thanks for the info, I will add to the list. That number would make it last quarter of 76 so it is not inconceivable it didn’t get sold until well into 1977.

Back