Raleigh Banana - How to remove cable guide?

If you end up doing it with rattle cans then go to a decent art shop and buy a set of spray nozzles (and make sure the cans you buy are compatible with them). The set will cover a range of spray sizes- the one the cans come with will be far too 'fat' for frame tubes and most of the paint gets wasted and lands all over the place.

Re:

If you're going to do the fade yourself, I'd imagine it would be easier to get it powdercoated yellow and do the black paint yourself.

Just a thought

Mike

ThePowster":umkstgvi said:
Failing that maybe have it all done black and do the yellow myself with a rattle can? Not sure how hard that would be to do, never done it before.

It's certainly possible. Ask the powdercoater for advise on which paint to use and how to prepare the surface.

I did some of the detailing on a Raleigh that I'd had powdercoated - it came out really well. Putting yellow over black will take a lot of coats - be sure to take your time, plenty of light coats and make sure it doesn't run.

Re:

Cheers for the replies fellas :) all good info here and food for thought.

I'll update when I know more tomorrow :)

Morning chaps.

Just got back from the powder coaters, they said they cannot do 2 colours and suggested doing it all black and getting the yellow sprayed and suggested 2 pack paint.

They want £60 just for the frame and it will take 4 days, they said first its a chemical stripping and at that point I thought, ya know what, I will get some nitromors and just have a crack at this myself.

It would get too expensive to go with a coat and then spray and then decals, for what I want, I think a manual spray job will be just fine :)

Thanks everyone for the advice, much appreciated :)

Back