Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

PeachyPM":qi3xemah said:
So the Electron is finished!
Here's the link to a set of before after photos I've placed in Readers Road bikes;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382914&p=2838517#p2838517

and here is a taster shot, hope you enjoy! :D

Looks fantastic, nice job!

Oh and sorry for the late reply to your earlier question about my bike. No, I dont have a thread going about the build, I can send you a few pics though if you want to PM me. I'll even include a shot of the rear derailleur I destroyed 2 days ago when I threw my chain and it got sucked into the rear wheel bringing me to a very dramatic stop. :)

The History Man":26we8885 said:
'Readers Road Bikes". Are the eyes blanked out with a black line?
Not quite, but I do try to protect my kids identities on open forums, although that’s a loosing battle with both of them now on instagram etc.

OK so we have now finally finished the 'Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration' and at last managed to get a family ride in on this brilliantly sunny day. Its been a lot more fun that I could have possibly hoped for, and now Jimmy is planning on his next build, something for Mum!
Here’s some photos from today and a first and last picture comparison.
Ps I’ve posted some details shots of the Majestic and spec in Readers rides; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382997

Attachments

• y (15) - Copy.jpeg
    y (15) - Copy.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 630
  • y (4) - Copy.jpeg
    y (4) - Copy.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 630
  • bikes arrive.jpg
    bikes arrive.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 630
  • y (7) - Copy.jpeg
    y (7) - Copy.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 630
Very very nice job. Mum needs a nice ride too now.

Attachments

• 4CCC6F6E-FD15-4FCA-A3AF-7EA8CE62C3C3.jpeg
    4CCC6F6E-FD15-4FCA-A3AF-7EA8CE62C3C3.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 627
The History Man":dstpapw2 said:
Very very nice job. Mum needs a nice ride too now.

Jimmy is already on it, picked this black '55 Ladies Sport on flea-bay, he making a mood board of photos but I think we've narrowed it down to Bob Jackson's dark green flamboyant with gold box work like this red one;

Attachments

• svt1.jpg
    svt1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 621
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 621
The History Man":3oxuuzj4 said:
Any particular brand you favour then?

Does it show? :shock:

PeachyPM":2nvkqrpl said:
OK so we have now finally finished the 'Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration' and at last managed to get a family ride in on this brilliantly sunny day. Its been a lot more fun that I could have possibly hoped for, and now Jimmy is planning on his next build, something for Mum!
Here’s some photos from today and a first and last picture comparison.
Ps I’ve posted some details shots of the Majestic and spec in Readers rides; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382997

Glad the big day finally arrived! Bikes look great, and the weather sounds very cooperative, too. :)

Cheers Jumphigher, we had a beutiful ride, the kind that makes all the knuckle bashing worth it.

Back