Raleigh Team Panasonic Colours Reynold 501 - ID ?

Re: Frame Raleigh Team Corsa Panasonic Colours Reynold 501

Do the fork ends match the rear drop outs? Both gipiemme?

No worries kermitgreenkona88, any way this frame is a mystery (like half of the bike I always get) but I like it like it is, I am gonna keep the paintjob, maybe put new stickers and put a Shimano 105 Golden Arrow on it (because it looks ******* nice) and it will make a nice road bike :)

I was in touch with the seller and he told me that the bike was a bitsa but also it came with a custom chainset and stem and sachs front mech, which are close to what you would expect on a team cadet.

AndyMart":ar6eq8jc said:
Do the fork ends match the rear drop outs? Both gipiemme?

I can't see any inscription on the rear dropouts maybe they are hidden under the paint and scratches, but definitely the front fork have gipiemme dropouts

I'm thinking the fork is better than the frame. And that's making it hard to tell what it is. Post a close of the rear drops if you can. Do the rear drops have adjusting screws?

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":bgdnx1pu said:
No doubt it will make a lovely bike, and 105 Golden Arrow is a great gearset :D

Can't wait to receive the parts it was the golden arrow or the shimano 600 arabesque for me but i am gonna keep the arabesque for another one and give a try to the golden arrow :)

AndyMart":bgdnx1pu said:
I'm thinking the fork is better than the frame. And that's making it hard to tell what it is. Post a close of the rear drops if you can. Do the rear drops have adjusting screws?

The rear dropouts have the adjusting screws holes, they are definitely forged ones. See the pics included, also I found a number on the fork : 17103 dunno what that means but if it can help

Attachments

• IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2575.JPG
    IMG_2575.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 722
Re:

Strangely enough I've been messing with my 86 gran course in team colours today, that also has a 5 digit number on the fork that doesn't match the frame number. Enjoy your build it'll make a good looking bike. Some more guesses as to what you have there, either a warranty replacement frame, or one that left the factory by dubious means, I've 2 of those in my possession at the moment. :)

Oh and a fully primed fork steerer usually indicates a respray, they were a bit tight with the paint at the factory steerers are usually bare metal with overspray.

Haha bikes are always a mystery :)

AndyMart":jsi03vvt said:
Oh and a fully primed fork steerer usually indicates a respray, they were a bit tight with the paint at the factory steerers are usually bare metal with overspray.

This is a really good information I didn't know that but it kind of make sense, the shifters braze-ons are also the same grey which could indicate that the frame and fork were resprayed at the same time.

Re:

Just got a reply from the shop,

This is what he replied:
As you suggest that is a Raleigh Team Panasonic 501 they were around mid to late 80's as them and the Team Panasonic Burner were used for their Centenary Calendar in 1987 ( still hanging in my office). The model was very similar to the Record Sprint which was a massive seller and most service parts we would still carry in stock. Gear levers changed during production run as did the frame its self if memory serves rightly. Sorry we have no records as to this individual bike.

Back