Help with a seal

jordic1968

Retro Guru
Hi
I wanted to service a rear DA 7850 wheel , so I removed the axle and ball bearings and seals.... Now I have two seals in my hands, one just made of rubber and another with brass. Don't remember which goes to the drive side or in left side ... Can anyone help me please ;)

Thanks

I think you're talking about the parts marked 11 & possibly 12 on the diagram below? Without seeing what you mean, I can only guess. Hopefully this will help though...

Attachments

• WH-7850-SL-R.png
    WH-7850-SL-R.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 366
yeah, one seal is #12 and the other is not shown as it's inside the freewheel body. They are different !

Attachments

• 20180324_094932.jpg
    20180324_094932.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 357
Cant quite tell from the photo, but I'm assuming the top one is slightly thicker with a smaller diameter lip on one side? That's your NDS seal or number 12 on the diagram.

Now that I know where the other seal came from its easier...

The other one is for the outer side of the freehum body. The brass ring helps it sit securely in the body. It is indeed not shown on the diagram. It should pop back in relatively easily, but be careful to not try to force it if it doesn't go in first time.

thanks for the help!. That's what I presumed but good to be sure.... I need to remember myself to take notes or pictures when doing thing things like that ... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back