RBotM February 2018 - Winter project month - now closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RBotM February 2018 - Winter project month - now open!

I'm going to come at this a bit left of centre since competing with that Colnago is not something you want to do on a level playing field! So here goes, frame purchased and now being refurbished by Brian Rourke in Stoke prior to a rebuild. The "winter project" was identifying the frame, the race team, the builder and the pro-rider so the frame can be correctly restored. Given there was hardly any info on the web at the time, it took a lot of online research including purchasing old rider cards from Spain, as well as following every possible strand of information, The result? -this blog/website where all the related info has been collated: welcome to the MODUCEL pro cycling Team which included National Road Championship winners "Super Sid" Barras and Isle of Man rider the "Pocket Rocket" Steve Joughin. Enjoy a ride back to the 80s!

https://moducel.wordpress.com/

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 8,172
  • cc Sid Barras 1985 Sealink.jpg
    cc Sid Barras 1985 Sealink.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 8,172
Re: Re:

1983 Colnago Arabesque 30th Anniversary model, with full 30th Anniversary groupset. I
Its now done at 200km since the restoration including last months Colnago Masters ride in Melbourne.

Loving that & could get to see that in the flesh in the future......

Re:

Winter project – thought I’d better take some photos outside in the snow in York, between the flurries. Some beautiful other bikes, here's some summer colour.

Not quite finished yet, still waiting for the right length Modolo stem, but have taped up the bars and fixed the cables so you can see what it looks like: the slack in the cables is to allow me to compensate for the longer stem, assuming I eventually find one, before final trimming.

Interesting to build with something not Campag or Shimano, good to explore new stuff. The frame is Reynolds 708 (the one with the internal flanges running lengthways) built in 1993 as a team bike but unused. Sachs New Success groupset from same period with all parts marked accordingly, but not all quite as it seems: Sachs NS front and rear changers, Sachs NS chainset (made by Thun), Sachs levers (made by Campag); Sachs NS hubs and freewheel with Rigida rims; Sachs NS brakes (made by Modolo); Stronglight headset, bars and stem Modolo and I just had to go with the splash handlebar tape. Miche seatpost and one of Spa’s leather saddles – these look good, ride well and reasonably long-lasting (but not as comfortable or resilient as Brooks for me).

This has not been taken outside yet, apart from just now, but on the turbo the shifters feel very crisp and clean.

Build thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=378076

Attachments

• P1010581.JPG
    P1010581.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 8,102
  • P1010590.JPG
    P1010590.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 8,102
Re: RBotM February 2018 - Winter project month - now open!

Oh, one special bike above ...

Hello all
I am sorry the poll is not up yet. It's due to a serious illness with my mother in law and having to split my time between Caithness and Glasgow area the last three or four weeks. Unfortunately I had to head down just as the poll should have gone up and with this being my first internet available for a couple of days means the poll will go up tomorrow night (Monday) when I get home. I only have a couple of minutes here on this machine.
Apologies once again but poll will be up in the next day or so.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back