Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

Most of you will be at least aware if not already customers of Steve Ford at https://h-lloyd-cycles.myshopify.com/
I think you'll agree he's got a fantastic catalogue of bike stickers, but not all of them...
I had already bought most of my stickers needed for these two bikes, but when they turned up I realised I'd clicked a little to quickly with my mouse when buying.
the top tube name on the 1969 Electron Superfive wasnt exactly the same as what Steve was offering. it had a black "Electron" with gold edge just like the older Electrons, but the "Superfive" was gold with black edges like the later 70's Superfives but "pip-less". I wasn't sure if Steve would make a new one just for me or how much even if he did, but after popping the question and sending a photo, the new sticker appeared in the on-line catalogue 2 days later!
Now that's what I call customer service!!!!

Attachments

• OldElectron.PNG
    OldElectron.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 623
  • laterSuper5.PNG
    laterSuper5.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 623
  • 1969ElectronSuperFive.PNG
    1969ElectronSuperFive.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 623
  • ElectronSuper5.jpg
    ElectronSuper5.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 623
We've still got quite a few weeks to go before the frames are ready, but Jimmy & I have kept ourselves busy with polishing & cleaning... I don't want to fill this build with boring pictures of us doing that, but rather I will post stuff when I give Jim a new task or when he attempts something new...
Like applying bar tape.... Jim watched me apply my white 80's style tape to my freshly cleaned GB bars from the Majestic, then had a crack himself with his red ones, it did take a few attempts to get enough stretch, but with me holding the bars so he could apply both hands to the job we eventually got there.
I must say (& I know I'm biased) but every job so far he has impressed me, particularly with his can do, keep at it until he gets it right attitude.

Oh, and we bought some cheep on e-bay, not original, CB end plugs just for fun!

Attachments

• CB.ends.jpeg
    CB.ends.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 589
  • Finished handlebars.jpeg
    Finished handlebars.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 589
  • JimsBars.jpeg
    JimsBars.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 589
Great progress, seeing those oldschool bars being wrapped makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Those are gonna be some really nice rides when you guys are done, hopefully providing many happy father/son rides ahead. :)

Thanks Stick Legs & Jumphigher. We are certainly having fun working on them, one last "Big Job" to do.....clean the wheels and fit new tubes & Tyres.
Then its sit back with a mug of Yorkshire Tea & wait for the frames to turn up!

The History Man":32tjkd6t said:
Good day for a family fettle!

Now then History Man, you're not wrong there. couple of snow-days for the kids here in East Yorkshire. I did say I wouldn't post too many cleaning pics, but Jimmy did make me smile today,
the conversation went like this;
(sing in a Disney "Frozen" sickly voice)
Me - "Do you wanna build a snowman?"
Jim - "No, I wanna clean my chrome man"

queue Jimmy nipping off the post Rustins rust scabs with a scalpel and some before and after polishing shots

Attachments

• after.jpeg
    after.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 523
  • before.jpeg
    before.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 523
  • wheel.jpeg
    wheel.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 523
Do you want to clean some chrome dad?
Or ride our bikesaround the halls?