Retro looking 10 speed chainsets - your views please

fignonFlyer

Dirt Disciple
I’m going to be using 10 speed down-tube shifters with 10 speed front and rear mechs, but it would be nice to have a retro or classic looking 10 speed chainset to go on a late 80’s Raleigh 531.
The Stronglight Impact from Spa Cycles for example looks quite good and comes in a range of sizes and lengths.
Are there any others that you can suggest?

Re:

The Andel chainset comes in double or triple and a fluted version, 110 or 130 BCD and works with 10 speed.

I have a Campag Veloce on my 1964 Flyer, 53/39 set up. Doesn't look out of place.

The Stronglight Impact from Spa Cycles are first rate. Have a set. Look very retro and made in France too. Perfect match to my TA BB which is also very light for a steel axle.

Re:

you don't need a dedicated 10 speed chainset - anything will do (not 1/8 obviously), so you can use an orginal old school chainset if you so wish.. and I'm not sure about steel rings, so anything 3/32 alloy

Re:

If you want a high quality compact 50/34, square taper, range of arm lengths, classic looking silver finish and quite retroesque design, suitable for 10 speed, then Sugino Mighty Tour. They have matching BB too and super efficient top class customer service when buying direct from Sugino’s website. Not cheap though.

Back