Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 92  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 62%  62%  [ 63 ]
Link from a friend 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Print media 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 14%  14%  [ 14 ]
Something else 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 101
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:13 pm 

Wow - that's a name from the distant past - very nice indeed.

Oh, and welcome.

rche7k wrote:
Hello from Ohio,
New to the vintage bike scene but recently acquired a 50s or 60s Rory O'Brien frame and came across this site looking for parts. I hope to build it up close to original and see what my parents' riding experience would have been like.
Attachment:
Frame.jpg

Post subject: Hello from Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:38 pm 

Hi there!

I`m from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
I`m quite new around Road Bikes and ended up here by doing a google research.

So, these days I've found in a Barn of a guy who sells old Volkswagens parts (I`m a VW Air Cooled car Collector too) a vintage Falcon Road Bike and without any doubt I've bought it.
It have the original tires on it, and a friend of mine who has a Bike shop said that it was barely used and the rollers are really in new condition.

It costed something around R$600,00 (Approximately USD:181,78).

I would like some help to identify the model and the year of production.
I think that it is a San Remo equipped with Campagnolo groupset.

Thanks!

Attachments:
IMG_2109 png.png
IMG_2109 png.png [ 389.41 KiB | Viewed 1953 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hello from Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 am 
Old School Hero

Bem-vindo, helcio_m!

Nice to see a new member from Brazil. And a Carioca, no less!

Nice find! Looks to be from the early seventies and quite original, but I'm not very well versed on Falcons. Others here certainly are, so if you start a new topic in this Retro Classic Road forum with a lot of nice big detailed pictures of your bike and your questions, you are sure to get some useful replies.

Good luck!

helcio_m wrote:
Hi there!

I`m from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
I`m quite new around Road Bikes and ended up here by doing a google research.

So, these days I've found in a Barn of a guy who sells old Volkswagens parts (I`m a VW Air Cooled car Collector too) a vintage Falcon Road Bike and without any doubt I've bought it.
It have the original tires on it, and a friend of mine who has a Bike shop said that it was barely used and the rollers are really in new condition.

It costed something around R$600,00 (Approximately USD:181,78).

I would like some help to identify the model and the year of production.
I think that it is a San Remo equipped with Campagnolo groupset.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:37 am 

I'm Steve, new guy from Sunny California, except today. I just finished restoring (loosly) a 70s Raleigh Super Course from a scrap pile found frame. I am loving that bike so far. It's not a faithful restore, but a blank canvas on which to have fun. It has a Sugino AT triple, Suntour Cyclone II fd, Suntour VGT Luxe RD shifting a 34t Megarange 6 speed. Fun bike. I've also had a '64 Legnano Roma since new. I raced it as a junior racer, and rode it in 2016 Eroica CA. My 66 (then) year old legs needed friendlier gears, so I built the Raleigh, rather than mess with the Legnano. Best of both worlds. I also have a couple of carbon bikes, an aluminum Allez, and a disc braked Di2 Culprit. I hope to learn a lot here and contribute what I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 pm 

Hi All, just signed up here.

Returned to cycling a couple of years ago after a 20 year break, to get some exercise and spend time with my children. Started off with cheapie MTBs, and rides over the Quantocks and Mendips.

Then I bought a Gitane of unknown age and identity for £60 to ride to work, and got back into road cycling. Since then I've restored the Peugeot Premiere I bought way back in 1986, built up a Raleigh Pro Race for my daughter, and am building up a Raleigh Stratos as a Winter commuter.
Also got an aluminium framed modern Barracuda that gets used for commuting at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:14 am 

ImageHi. I'm here just recently, although I started cycling again about 15 years ago, after getting a decent used MTB to ride around on, which led to a ten speed of dubious value, which I restored just to have the experience of it. I've worked my way up in cycles with a few repairs and restorations and sales of the same. I now ride a 531 framed Trek 600 from 1985, a Raleigh (USA) Technium CitySport,(1987) a Facet Biotour 2000,(1979) and a Specialized Hard Rock Sport.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:01 am 
Dirt Disciple

Where to start.... I just recently joined but have been visiting the site for awhile to research various bikes. Even though I've always had some kind of bike around to use I didn't really take cycling up seriously until late in life. Injuries forced me to give up running so I switched over to biking as my primary exercise. I have come to really love and respect older steel bikes and now how quite a nice little collection of mostly road bikes. I do 5000-8000 miles a year now. Everything I own get's ridden. When I realize something is not connecting with me I'll move it on to someone else to use.

A quick shot of the bike cave that shows a majority of the bikes. They are pampered and cared for but most certainly all used. I ride pretty much daily but hardly ever take the same bike out twice.

The Giordana's, the bottom one is my overall favorite of all my rides.

My 1987 Schwinn set, I've since added a Tempo that just needs to be built up.

My Patriotic Schwinn, still sorting out the old funny bike.

A couple of Ironman Experts, the '89 was taken in out for it's maiden ride yesterday. I fast, fun 20 miles despite the freezing temps.

4 of my 5 Lemonds.

And I'll wrap it up with the one bike I consider my most classic and prettiest of all. The 1985 Fuji Opus III. The Superbe Pro on this works so well and this one is a great riding machine.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi - new to site having recently bought my first retro bike and wanting some info on it.

Novice roadie who has an interest in building/buying/selling/swapping in the hope of getting and passing on bargains almost instantly way that the cycling community maintains a barter economy and any cash within stays constant and circulates.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Intro
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:10 pm 

Hi all.

I'n my mid forties and originally from Dursley in South Gloucestershire. I'm now based in West Essex and I work in North London. I used to cycle lots but mostly to and from work and the occasional day out with friends. I was cycling a 34 mile round trip once a week to keep some level of cardio fitness but this almost completely stopped after I got knocked over by a BMW last July. I had been pushing 25-30 mph and slowed to zero using my knees and elbows. :(

I have been riding a fairly new Carrera Gryphon hybrid with 23mm tyres fitted but I've decided to go retro and have bought a lovely mid eighties Raleigh Equipe racer. I used to ride a Peugeot 103 racer as a teenager in lovely pearlescent paint.

I'm looking forward to immersing myself with making the bike completely 80's correct. It's not far from that already to be honest. It even has the Raleigh brake blocks fitted and the original pump. My lovely wife threw away the 80's water bottle that came with it!!!! Now I'm looking at £10 to £90 if I want to buy another!!!

Post subject: Re: Hi Newbie with a BSA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello i'm John and totally new to vintage bikes, and road bikes as well. Just playing on E,Bay and picked up a BSA Javelin frame. Main reason, my mate had one when I was younger and always fancied it. I'm not going to restore it as such just going to buy some cheap parts to get here up and running. So sorry for any stupid questions in advance :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 92  Next