Stronglight A9 replacement crown race?

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
https://singlespeedcomponents.co.uk/pro ... ed-headset

Unfortunately the crown race of this headset is under-made, like the alloy from a pop can :|. It broke on installation last year even though I was using the correct Park tool. Seems a waste of money to let it sit in a draw.

I cannot find a replacement race for the world. Lots of Shimano ones around but not Stronglight. Tried a Shimano (HP-6500) and Tange (Falcon) race from other headset I had but neither work.

Any help?

You can use one of the split types used on a cheap headset which has sealed cartridge bearings. I got a cheap Chinese headset to rob the 27mm crown race for that exact headset.

Jonny69":1mhasavy said:
You can use one of the split types used on a cheap headset which has sealed cartridge bearings. I got a cheap Chinese headset to rob the 27mm crown race for that exact headset.

Can you tell me the make?

I need a 26.4mm.

I really can't tell you I'm afraid. I just trawled eBay for the cheapest unbranded headset with sealed bearings and the right size crown race. As far as I know they are all 45 degree angle so anything should be compatible - I'm surprised the Tange one didn't work.

Latest posts

Back