Re:

another little snap - just need to stick some pedals on and enter RBotM

Attachments

• Pina.jpg
    Pina.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 582
Re:

Just caught up with this thread :facepalm:

I love the overall look, and think the rims are fine that colour. I have a pair of Omega V rims on the Roberts I just built. Love them! And with Conti GP tyres on, it will fly along! I used that rim/tyre combination when I raced. With 18mm GPs!
Also a no from me, regarding red tyres.
Helium rims are nice, but no good for me at around 78kg. Recommended for riders under 75kg if I'm not mistaken

Mike

My personal opinion; The Montello soul got lost! I dont think the coloring is a good match for an old Montello. I personally would have chosen an original color or cromovelato.

Re:

Only the fork and rear 3/4 are chrome so it couldn’t be chromovelato finished without rechroming. It is a later frame that was originally spumoni paint. I bought it already stripped.

To be honest, Montellos are not that popular. They are nicely made and the details are nice but, if I’m honest, I don’t love it. It’s probably time to strip it and move the frame on

Ok tue about the Cromovelato! Color is always just a matter of taste anyways.

But, Montellos are not popular? Really? The Pinarello Montello has always been (from 1984 till the end of its production) the top notch of the Pinarellos models and the most sought after Pinarello out of all models. So ... I cant follow you.

Re:

Pinarello just doesn’t have the heritage of say Bianchi or Colnago. People are more interested now because of the success of modern teams riding Dogma bikes.

I look at mine and it’s a pretty bike but I could sell easy. Other bikes like a TI Raleigh, I could not sell.

Just an opinion

Other people have a completely different opinion about that ... as if "heritage" was everything

Back