Help: Need two (2) Peugeot Pro10's

dadoflam

Dirt Disciple
Hello fellow retro fans
I am embarking on a very challenging project to build not one but two replica’s of the bike ridden by Phil Anderson in the 1982 Tour De France – a Team Peugeot Pro10. One bike will be for an exhibition celebrating Phil’s time in the yellow jersey (first non-European to wear it) , the other for Phil himself – a request that I have very happily agreed to take on.

The 1982/83 Peugeot is indeed a beautiful machine, being built custom for the team and a discerning handful of customers by Peugeot's Prestige works department with a striking Italian geometry and lovely detailing, combined with really nice and quite unique componentry, some items only made for a very short period and now rare.

I would love to get some assistance from the ever reliable and helpful Retrobike community to locate suitable frames (or bikes) I have been on the trail a little while now and it is clear that finding them is a case of right time right place and that many eyes are better than two.
Just to be extra challenging I’m looking for two frame sizes – one with a TT of 56-57cm and the other with a TT 58-59cm.

Any and all leads will be very gratefully received – I will ship from anywhere worldwide.

For those not familiar with the early 80's Pro10 bikes the following detail pics will give an idea of how to tell the frames apart from the rest of the Peugeot pack.

1982/3Peugeot Pro10

Chrome rear triangle and braze-on FD (Simplex bolt on type)

Curved rear brake bridge

Drilled Simplex dropouts

Semi-sloping internally lugged fork crown with Peugeot Lion (1981 forks were externally lugged)

Pantographed 'Peugeot' seatstay caps

A big thankyou to Mathias from Vintage Velo Berlin for use of his great photos

Attachments

• 1982 Anderson.jpg
    1982 Anderson.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,344
  • PugPro10.jpg
    PugPro10.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 1,344
  • PugPro10 - Chrome rear triangle + Bolt-on FD e.JPG
    PugPro10 - Chrome rear triangle + Bolt-on FD e.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 1,344
  • PugPro10 - Curved Brakebridge.jpg
    PugPro10 - Curved Brakebridge.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,343
  • PugPro10 - Drilled Simplex Dropouts.jpg
    PugPro10 - Drilled Simplex Dropouts.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,343
  • PugPro10 - Internal lugged Panto Sloping Fork Crown.jpg
    PugPro10 - Internal lugged Panto Sloping Fork Crown.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,342
  • PugPro10 - Peugeot Panto to Seatstays.jpg
    PugPro10 - Peugeot Panto to Seatstays.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,341
Re:

There was one on eBay at 11pm last night.

Can't seem to find it today? Maybe you got it?

It had "ghost" Robert Millar stickers visible.

Good luck

Ray

Thanks Ray - was so surprised to get a reply I nearly fell off the chair.
The bike - still there - it is in France. Unfortunately way too small and a bit earlier (some different frame details) I'm told by a Pug lover that it is probably a professional team bike as most of the Peugeot 753 frames were - unlike say Raleigh and Look.

Hi, There was a 56cm on Gumtree and then ebay where it was relisted a couple of times starting at £750 with no bids a few months ago . I enquired and made a cheeky offer of £700 but the seller wanted more. I recall he was called Alfie and I probably have his email address somewhere, might be worth a try, here is a photo of it.

Attachments

• pro10.jpg
    pro10.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,114
I definitely have tormented myself looking at that bike - Exactly what I need!
I have tried but cant access the contact details from where I am. Any chance you might have the contact details and be able to PM them to me?

dadoflam":1f9ay4pr said:
I definitely have tormented myself looking at that bike - Exactly what I need!
I have tried but cant access the contact details from where I am. Any chance you might have the contact details and be able to PM them to me?

PM sent

Good luck on your quest. Phil Anderson was one of my favourite riders, and I was really pleased to see him riding a Raleigh as they were my fav team, hence I have 5 Raleigh frames.
Those pugs were fantastic looking machines though.

Back