Retro TT build

Re:

Really love Retro TTs bikes, so can't wait to see how this one progresses. It looks like you've made a good start.

I can definitely echo Midlife's advice about the BB axle. I had to use a Campagnolo Record 68-S-120 axle to give me just enough clearance for a 53 Chainring on my '78 Emperor Sport...

Keep the build up pics coming!

Steve.

Attachments

• Emperor 3.jpg
    Emperor 3.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 484
Re:

On the subject of BBs...

2cdtts9.jpg

If it’s long enough with my pista cranks and 57t ring. It was too long on the setup I used to use it on, so it’s been sat unused. Needs new cups though, fixed cup was cross threaded by a previous owner, and the other is a bit mashed from tool slips.

Re:

Also, some rims. I daresay they’ll be a bit flexy, but they should look the part...

2h896co.jpg

For the stem, it has to be a 1A for me, but I have this (also very nice) 3TTT, which I will use for now.

s1nmg5.jpg

Pedals. I bought these MKS track ones with black plates on eBay, also about a tenner, bargain. Hopefully they will smarten up a bit. The bearings seem good. They should look the part from a distance ;).

b9dd8x.jpg

Some nice kit :). It can be a pain to get Cinelli bars through the stem though. Good choice of pedals as well, pass for campag at a couple of places :). I used Kyokuto Pro Ace back in the 70's which looked like campag too lol

Hmm, never come across that site , thanks for the heads up :). I've got some GL330 28/28 on Campag small flange (Tipo), the sides are really untidy but got me thinking.....is the rear spacing of your frame 126mm ?

Back