kona honky tonk bb size and spindle length please

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
hi guys
thought id better ask this side of the forum as its a road bike after all. recently been given a frame and forks but need to find out the bb spindle length that will take a triple ring crank....
oh by the way its a 2014 model

much love from the mtb side :p retro junkie

Re:

hey how are you?
crikey your collection has grown.....are all those rourkes mint now...
i was either thinking of an old xt from around 92ish to fit in with xt running gear from the same era...
or go with tiagra road gear... either way it will only be 8 speed as its going to be a flat bar conversion so i wont be using racer style sti's

shall you be at the manchester jumble in february again... if so i should be around the same place

Re:

I’m good a ta.
I recently sold a complete Rourke and I’ve stripped another one down as I need the parts for a Pinarello I’ve had painted.

I’ll look out for you

Re:

just been looking at your pinarello..... looks amazing. if i remember right the last time we spoke was about the late 50s pennine i have and was picking your brain about getting it sprayed at rourkes... needless to say its still down the cellar wrapped up in a bed sheet :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

any idea on the bb or not

Re:

Tiagra will be hollow tech so won’t need an axle. I’m not sure about 1992 XT, is that Octalink?

Re:

Xt from back then is normal square taper but things have to line up ok so as not stress to much on chain and crank rings. There are some older tiagra that are square taper also

Re:

XT M737 is supposed to go on a 107mm BB. Some earlier Shimano cranks went on a 122.5, so it was quite a change.

Back