Pinarello Montello SLX **now painted**

A little taster from the paint shop

These have just popped up on Instagram - so I should be able to build this week :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• IMG_6591.jpg
    IMG_6591.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_6590.jpg
    IMG_6590.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 584
jordic1968":3g1bb37m said:
ohhhhhhh ;) Really nice. What groupset did you choose ? what happened at the end with the headset ?

I dropped both headsets up to the shop to see what they can do - one of them will fit.

As it is a later frame with 130mm rear spacing, I have Campag Record Titanium 9 speed full group in mint condition which I am going to use. Ill see how that looks.
It was a choice between that or 8 speed Dura Ace which I have been collecting over the past year.

JSH":qhpon2s1 said:
I have Campag Record Titanium 9 speed full group in mint condition which I am going to use. Ill see how that looks.

That will look about as close to perfect as you can, I would say :)

very nice paint!

Re: Re:

MatBH5":9eqr2th9 said:
Lovely paint, that. Mind if I ask who has been responsible?

Not at all - Jason Rourke at Brian Rourke Cycles. Jase builds and paints himself. I've had a few re-finishes over the past few years and I've always been happy with the result. He isn't expensive either.

Decals were from: http://bicycledecals.net/ based in Bury

mulling over bar tape and saddles.

I have a red Brooks swallow or I can lay my hands on a red Turbo. I have some red Benotto ribbon or the matching red Brooks leather bar tape. Which would look best?

I love the look of Benotto but not the confort

Attachments

• benotto.jpg
    benotto.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 552
  • brooks-swallow-union-jack-saddle-red-EV230026-3000-3.jpg
    brooks-swallow-union-jack-saddle-red-EV230026-3000-3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 552
Back