Question about ELVISH Bike

Thats a very nice looking machine. Love the colour. Any more images of it?

The shop that I worked in back in the very early 80's imported two containers of Elvish bikes. They offered us a number of build choices and we were able to get some really interesting bikes. The workmanship was not the very best, but they gave us top of the line wheels which meant that they bikes readily compared to much more expensive bikes from Japan. Both Fontan and Elvish were then built in the same factory in Pau. The shop manager was sent a custom frame that was truly incredible, so teh ability to build top of the line bikes did exist.

Re:

Reviving an old thread because I have this bike's doppleganger! I acquired it about 17 years ago, for about 10$ and it's been my main ride since then. It's very heavy (about 27lbs) but the geometry is perfect for me and I refuse to get rid of it. Over the years, I've upgraded a few parts, but the seatpost is seized and I think the fork is a little bit loose (bearing issue??)

Here are a bunch of photos of my bike from a few years back with some new chopped handlebars. I've since added a bike rack and changed the derailleur.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nuzwxHsi7obIMt0B3

Re:

Hi, I will be restoring my Elvish soon, from what I can see they were very nice mid range bicycles, and as pointed out, have a racing history. I've attached some bits I have found.

Terry

Attachments

• elvish small.png
    elvish small.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 373
  • Elvish magasin Arcachon.jpg
    Elvish magasin Arcachon.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Magasin%5B1%5D.2.JPG
    Magasin%5B1%5D.2.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 373
Terrot and Rochet, some other old TdF bike brands from the 50's and early 60's that don't seem to be around any more. Generally seen under the 'mid-range' pro's that rode for the regional Fench squads when national teams contested the event.

I seem to remember seeing or reading some where that the Elvish factory or parts of it survived into the mid late 70's the roads used for the PAU GP motor race used to pass a building with a sign advertising the brand back then

Back