Campagnolo Avanti

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
Not exactly retro, but anyway

I have a good chance to buy some Avanti Ergos for 40€ including bar+stem (Modolo ergo bar + unknown stem).
I've been searching for (affordable) 8 speed Ergos for a while, now my question: Are the Avanti Ergos any good or should I wait for some Chorus ones?

Thanks a lot for your opinions!
Simon

Re:

If I recall correctly, they all used the same internal mechanism just had different finishes and materials on the bodies i.e. Xenon had a silver painted finish rather than being polished, Chorus had a Carbon body (and a Ball Bearing system not really sure how much difference this made). So really just a case of if you can live with the aesthetics...

Re:

The aesthetics shouldn't be a problem, form follows function. Also when polished, the silver and black should make for a nice contrast.
I think I will go for it, 40 bucks including bar and stem sounds reasonable, if I want I can still sell it for almost the same

I use a pair of Avanti ergos on a winter bike and they are fine. Work well and do not look bad either with silver brake levers just with "Avanti" in big letters down them. They seem to be available in the UK second hand for £15/20 so your price with decent bars and stem seems ok.

Latest posts

Back