Who is selling the Raleigh SBDU 753 on eBay?

JSH":1of2j4o9 said:
Montello":1of2j4o9 said:
When I tried to sell my red Montello I wasn't offered more than the value of the groupset. In then end I was forced to take it apart :-(

I think that Montello frames are underrated. They don’t seem to attract the same levels of interest.
I think people associate Pinarello with being a more modern brand and lacking heritage maybe.

It’s a shame because the detail and quality are special

Maybe. It was the frame that put Pinarello on the map in the 80s.

I think it's more that complete bikes never seem to fetch the sum of the parts.

Montello":6csvqx51 said:
JSH":6csvqx51 said:
Montello":6csvqx51 said:
When I tried to sell my red Montello I wasn't offered more than the value of the groupset. In then end I was forced to take it apart :-(

I think that Montello frames are underrated. They don’t seem to attract the same levels of interest.
I think people associate Pinarello with being a more modern brand and lacking heritage maybe.

It’s a shame because the detail and quality are special

Maybe. It was the frame that put Pinarello on the map in the 80s.

I think it's more that complete bikes never seem to fetch the sum of the parts.

I’m looking forward to getting mine back and built up, hopefully to throw my hat into the RBotM.

I think that there are some bikes that are more fashionable than others: Colnago, Raleigh SBDU and Bianchi for example.

I agree that complete bikes don’t make the money that they do in parts and it’s a shame as you end up with nothing original.

On the other hand, I bought a shed of a bike with more or less complete Campag NR/SR last week for £150. I bought for the hard to find parts like a good original BB. I could definitely polish a profit into it though

JSH":2ddot13v said:
On the other hand, I bought a shed of a bike with more or less complete Campag NR/SR last week for £150. I bought for the hard to find parts like a good original BB. I could definitely polish a profit into it though

Sounds like a good buy. Still bargains out there if your prepared to do the work.

If it's the guy who sells the new built Holdsworth's it's trading under the name Bill Lomas motor cycles of Clay Cross Derbyshire Its not the named guy (ex top quality TT & GP racer from the 60's) as he passed away some years back & his shop in those days was near Belper Derbyshire looking up the company name there are adverse comments about the attitude & service provided by them on a Motor Cycle forum so I have no idea if this extends to the cycle sales side I notice his prices are eye watering A friend rang rea frame he had for sale & when I asked later if he'd bought it his reply was no the guy he spoke to came across as if he couldn't be arsed if he sold it or not.

Back