Who is selling the Raleigh SBDU 753 on eBay?

JSH

rBotM Winner
I was looking at a the eBay listing which has been bid up to £900 already. Anyone know whose it is? Just a frame set

Have you seen the bike £2495.00

RALEIGH SBDU 1979 Campagnolo Super Record groupset total restoration EROICA

The Eroica effect has pumped the prices of top end stuff.

Re:

The guy who sells the complete bikes is a motorcycle dealer. He buys up Holdsworth Professional frames and builds them up with machine polished Campag. He’s having a go at an SBDU

They are listed with an eye watering price - and largely stay unsold.

Re: Re:

JSH":1jl2lsug said:
The guy who sells the complete bikes is a motorcycle dealer. He buys up Holdsworth Professional frames and builds them up with machine polished Campag. He’s having a go at an SBDU

They are listed with an eye watering price - and largely stay unsold.

He has a load of bikes at top money, silly money even. I guess there must be buyers out there otherwise why bother?

I'm not keen on seeing parts the should be anodised polished.

It is a way of salvaging a damaged part but not the look you'd want on a show bike like these are presented as.

Re:

I imagine that they are nice ornaments in his showroom - if they sell, happy days but if they don't, still pretty

Maybe its different if you have a shop front but, it seems impossible to sell anything privately for much more that a grand - unless its really really special. SVB in Berlin seem to manage but anything on eBay or forums seem to struggle.

When I tried to sell my red Montello I wasn't offered more than the value of the groupset. In then end I was forced to take it apart :-(

Montello":y4ylztut said:
When I tried to sell my red Montello I wasn't offered more than the value of the groupset. In then end I was forced to take it apart :-(

I think that Montello frames are underrated. They don’t seem to attract the same levels of interest.
I think people associate Pinarello with being a more modern brand and lacking heritage maybe.

It’s a shame because the detail and quality are special

Latest posts

Back