Mystery frame ID help

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
This old bird appeared in the shop today and I'm just a little curious as to what it could be?, No frame markings or serial numbers, can't makeout dropouts, could be campagnolo? but I'm liking the cutout bottom bracket shell and Lug detail, parts appear to be a mish mash of Cinelli stem, huret, galli & shimano.

Any help appreciated :)

IMG_20170921_111212.jpg

IMG_20170921_111221.jpg

IMG_20170921_110923.jpg

IMG_20170921_111044.jpg

IMG_20170921_110715.jpg

IMG_20170921_110740.jpg

Re: Re:

keithglos":2f5qjqr9 said:
I'm expecting it to have Italian bracket threading.

Keith

What are the clues Keith?

To my untutored eye, there's nothing that distinguishes it as being Italian.

Diamond on the fork crown and drilled lugs ring a bell... An Italian BB shell is 70mm a UK is 68mm. Reach for your micrometer :)

Just my first impression, the old Italian bracket would be 36mm x 24 TPI RH both sides.
Most Italians used crimped chain stays, but not here. Perhaps someone trying to build an Italian style frame. British builders commonly used domed and slotted forks and stays.
In the pic the head angle looks extremely steep, but no sign of pulling the lugs, which look like investment cast.
The top eyes on the seat cluster are set a bit lower than most British frames.

This is the best I can do from the pictures. The last 2 Italian bikes we had (1980) were made for us with british threading, so ??

Keith

Re:

Gents...

Thank you for your help, it seems that when I returned to work after the weekend this had been sold, most probably to a student needing a hack which saddens me a little.... but at least it'll get used :)

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3j7ujoas said:
Gents...

Thank you for your help, it seems that when I returned to work after the weekend this had been sold, most probably to a student needing a hack which saddens me a little.... but at least it'll get used :)

RBG

And pinched

Back