GIPIEMME logo on my 1980's Kotter's racing team bike frame

Toucan

Retro Newbie
I have an 80's Kotter's racing team bike and am trying to get any history information on it. Stamped on the rear drop outs are GIPIEMME , which I know is the Italian manufacturer of the dropouts but also stamped on the piece between the seat stays where the brakes attach is another GIPIEMME stamp and the winged bird. Above the winged bird in capitals is MOO. The central O is larger - anyone any ideas what the MOO stands for or means? Initials of the blacksmith perhaps. Many thanks for your help - Sorry everyone wrong section

Gipiemme made/marketed a full range of frame building parts, including brake bridges, dropouts, BB shells, fork crowns etc. So the appearance of the name does not mean anything. Photos really are needed to say anything more.

Is it MOD, as in Mod Brev? part of the italian marking for patents. I'm eternally confused over Brev Inter and the like :)

Shaun

Re:

Brev Inter is a truncation of Campagnolo's title as a legal entity which is listed at Italy's version of Companies House, however as stamped on hubs etc it could also be seen as the indication that the item was under international patent - not uncommon BITD on many things.

Campagnolo Brevetti Internazionali S.p.A. = Campagnolo International Patents Incorporated

There's even an address for sending a telegram if you're getting bored of not having your emails answered :D

Attachments

• 1968CampagnoloCorpAddress.jpg
    1968CampagnoloCorpAddress.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 828
Toucan":2ur8d86s said:
Above the winged bird in capitals is MOO. The central O is larger - anyone any ideas what the MOO stands for or means?

Midlife":2ur8d86s said:
Is it MOD, as in Mod Brev? part of the italian marking for patents.

Shaun's spot on.

It's "MOD.", the shortened form of modello d'utilità, the Italian equivalent of a patent, issued by the Ufficio Italiano Brevetti e Marchi.

Vino":29tcb5l8 said:
Toucan":29tcb5l8 said:
Above the winged bird in capitals is MOO. The central O is larger - anyone any ideas what the MOO stands for or means?

Midlife":29tcb5l8 said:
Is it MOD, as in Mod Brev? part of the italian marking for patents.

Shaun's spot on.

It's "MOD.", the shortened form of modello d'utilità, the Italian equivalent of a patent, issued by the Ufficio Italiano Brevetti e Marchi.

I Learn something new every day :)

Shaun

Toucan":358sjbi7 said:
I have an 80's Kotter's racing team bike and am trying to get any history information on it. Stamped on the rear drop outs are GIPIEMME , which I know is the Italian manufacturer of the dropouts but also stamped on the piece between the seat stays where the brakes attach is another GIPIEMME stamp and the winged bird. Above the winged bird in capitals is MOO. The central O is larger - anyone any ideas what the MOO stands for or means? Initials of the blacksmith perhaps. Many thanks for your help - Sorry everyone wrong section

I got my hands on a very poorly painted frame and the person who gave it to me couldn't tell me the brand.
It has the same MOD "Eagle" GIPIEMME Stamp @ the same spot.
Can anyone tell me what brand and year could it be from?

here are some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/CEicK

Looks similar to the ones sold in Decathlon super markets 80/90's lowish on the pecking order,they where either lugless or part lugless; plate drop outs with MG eyes;& no gear hanger. Fairly crude concealed cable ports, could have been built by any number of factories as they would have been tended out at a price point Lower div tubing surprised it has a Gipiemme brake bridge

Back