Anyone heard of Lighthouse Cycles England?

Sorry mate, no idea from me and by the looks of it, no one else knows either. What have you unearthed so far? Also where are you, when you say locally?
You are aware you started the puns when you asked if anybody could shed some light on it :)

Jamie

Lighthouse cycles had a business ii the Loughborough/Leicester area in the 70/80's ISTR Daryl Webster was connected in some way before he came to prominence they used to sponsor a 25M TT run in the Kegworth area in the late 70's early 80's No Idea if they built or bought in their badged framesets Dave Edlin who sponsored Bradgate RC via Lighthouse was IIRC the owner He was into horse racing & his favorite Nag was named RAFFINGORA & Lighthouses top frame set sported that name ust had a word with an old mate who still lives locally & he tells me the shop was in Kegworth & Bradgate RC passed on 2/3 years back. He thinks Dave Edlin still potters with wheels from his garage at home

Little Al":1hdxdjcy said:
Lighthouse cycles had a business ii the Loughborough/Leicester area in the 70/80's ISTR Daryl Webster was connected in some way before he came to prominence they used to sponsor a 25M TT run in the Kegworth area in the late 70's early 80's No Idea if they built or bought in their badged framesets Dave Edlin who sponsored Bradgate RC via Lighthouse was IIRC the owner He was into horse racing & his favorite Nag was named RAFFINGORA & Lighthouses top frame set sported that name ust had a word with an old mate who still lives locally & he tells me the shop was in Kegworth & Bradgate RC passed on 2/3 years back. He thinks Dave Edlin still potters with wheels from his garage at home

Thanks for that...it all makes sense as thats all very local to me. Unfortunately the bike is now sold :-(

Little Al":8tuszg3j said:

Thanks for that...it all makes sense as thats all very local to me. Unfortunately the bike is now sold :-(

Dave Edlin - I remember him as being a good time triallist BITD. Funny how some names stick innit!

Old Ned":34huq9ns said:
Dave Edlin - I remember him as being a good time triallist BITD. Funny how some names stick innit!

Yep he was a handy "tester"I had forgotten till I spoke with my mate that he was involved with "Lighthouse" Darryl Webster was a Bradgate RC member when he was a junior & used to cycle from his home to Kegworth & lace wheels for Dave & ride home that was part of his training. There used to be a guy Graham ? that was in some way involved with Lighthouse used blow training rides to pieces

Sam Barker also rode for Bradgate when sponsored by Lighthouse cycles I seem to remember Webby won the GHS 10 in there colours maybe 1978 rings a bell.....

Back