Guyzer (Guy Rogers?) Reynolds 631 road frame + fork

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've come into possession of an interesting little road frame...

It's a Guyzer, and from what I can work out with a bit of gooogling it's the work of a chap called Guy Rogers who was based down in the South West and built MTB, Trials and obviously some road frames.

I know there's another forum member who has had (or still ha) one of the MTB frames but I've never come across another road one, anyone know of any?

This one is a fetching blue->yellow fade, and has 49/50cm seat tube but with 54cm top tube, very low and racy, tight clearances and is built from Reynolds 631 and with Ritchey dropouts. It has internal cable routing but sadly at least one, if not both the cable outer stops recessed into the frame have either corroded or collapsed inwards so they will either need repair or it will need to be used with a clamp on band cable stops. Seatpost is free but step is currently not moving, could probably be freed up but I've not yet had a proper go at it.

Overall it seems to be a nice, well put together frame, probably late 90s? Do you think I should spend the time and effort on getting the cable issues repaired, perhaps a repaint and re-build or not bother?

(pics at the weekend)

Back