Campag Super Record 'Custom Pro Team' derailleur??

Re:

Top work. I've just measured up that Rally plate and it's exactly the same size as a SR etc. So, you've now proven that it's perfectly possible for an enthusiast to assemble this mech' from odd mid-late '80's bits - no re finishing or decalling necessary.

I'm not sure it's as exotic as a rare/one off Campag issue, but just as much fun.

*of course this doesn't mean Campag wasn't responsible for it.. ;)

Re:

Yeah- good for Campagnolo if they combined a few elements of 'over-production' into another useful product.. ;)

The question that is bugging me now is: Were there any 'pat.83' knuckleless NR or SR mechs, or was that design only incorporated into those lines after the anniversary year?

Re:

I'm pretty much sure that happened in '84, when the parallelogram spring was moved and became anchored around the right-rear pivot pin.
After all those years in production, they must have recast this part right at the end of the NR + SR timespan.
Interestingly, as you say, this was first introduced a year earlier on the anniversary mech'.

Blimey, the polish panto butcher has set up a workshop making Frankenstein rear mechs and selling them for 250 quid !

Back