Holdsworth Frame Numbers

CBguy":drmcj4w1 said:
George,

Your frame (12861) looks to me as a circa 1950 Cyclone.

Things that go against a Cyclone Deluxe are the lack of more elaborate lugs with additional spearpoints to side of lugs, lack of chrome and lack of unique Cyclone Deluxe head badge.

Pic of 1950 Cyclone Deluxe with lugs showing additional spearpoints, unique head badge and similar fork crown to your own (Kilgariff):

Pic of 1950 Cyclone (not Deluxe) from Classic lightweights (with later 50's badge) showing less elaborate lugs as yours (modified Nervex Pro) and again similar fork crown to yours:

Velobase Cyclone Deluxe Headbadge (used in years 1948 to 1951):

Brass headbadge off a 1948 LaQuelda (Velobase) and probably similar to yours from what I can see. I've also seen an aluminum 1951 similar design badge (CL Zephyr):
Also re Osgear rear dropouts. They were an option described in 1950 catalog:
From Classic Lightweights:

Doug

Great , thanks a lot Doug , loads of info there ! .

I now just need to get on T'ebay and find some suitable parts, although I could probably manage a usable and at least aesthetically pleasing build from what I have in the parts bin. I've just had a look at Osgear parts and don't think I will be bothering with that ! single speed/ Fixed will do.

Whats the consensus on Mafac Racer Centre pulls on a frame like this ? they should look nice but are obviously not what it would've come with.

I will post a picture or two once its done.

Cheers

George.

Re:

Has anyone noticed that the nkilgariff Holdsworth website is down? I know that unfortunately Norman apparently died a year ago and wondering whether the host has now removed it. Losing this website would be a massive loss for all Holdsworth fans as it is the most comprehensive source of all things Holdsworth and had a lot of brilliant detail. I had taken the opportunity a few weeks back to save all the information on the site (just in case this happened) but it would be great to get this site back up and running

It would be such a shame to lose it! I would be more than happy to take on the managing of the website (and paying the fees) as it has been extremely useful for me over the years and should be preserved as a tribute to Norman.

Yes, I have tried contacting the host service provider today to see what is possible regarding getting this up and running again. I think a number of people will be thinking the same as you, do you have a complete copy of every page including the full size photos?

I don't have the pics I'm afraid! Just the text. That is good that there is support for this. I use that website a lot and would love to see it up and running again.

Ok just clear the outstanding fees, need to give payment code to One.com and hopefully they will put it up again. Also tried to contact Normans relatives to discuss ownership. Keep you posted.

Good work. I had contacted a Stephen Kilgariff about the same earlier. I saw a post where he mentioned Norman passing on the Holdsworth page on Facebook. We seem like we are on the same track so I will not do anything further as conscious about pestering people and duplicating efforts!!

Back