Klein Quantum Pro spacer removal

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi All.

Im very excited to have a Quantum pro fuselage arriving soon to build yup.

a question though if i may? Looking at the sellers pictures, i think i may want to drop the stem a bit, perhaps remove 2 spacers and trim the steerer tube on the fork.

Whats the best way to do this? Ive seen in the old Klein catalogues that Klein recommend a pipe cutter. Is it that simple, as long as all the correct measurements are taken etc.

I've used pipe cutters on copper piping before, aluminium is a bit softer so it seems logical, but want to double check.

Thanks
Tom

Re:

a job I would take to my bikeshop - particularly for a bike where a stuff up would be very hard to rectify or replace. If you are particularly keen there are steerer cutting jigs that can be purchased.
Lovely bike to own BTW

Thanks. The frame has arrived and looking at the stem and spacers I'm going to leave it. It isn't too badly raised. Built up shots soon.

This is SO SO easy. You just need the correct wrench for the MC2 (its about 20,00 Euros) and unscrew it. Then remove the spacer and youre done! Remember that you may have to shorten the fork if you remove to many spacers.

Back