Holdsworth Professional Track Frame?

Re:

@CBguy:
Sorry Doug.. I only have two frames: K75013R '1975 mystery frame' is the one I was referring to. Mentioned several times upthread. 531db, Campag. 'long' ends, Prugnat (I think) long points, Milremo 'Giro' fork crown, 39" wheelbase, a typical 1975 road frame.

My other frame is a Holdsworth Special '81-2. I don't think I mentioned it yet in this thread, but I might have!

Torqueless,
So K and R are with serial on fork? Do wonder if Charlie Roberts could have built that frame for Shorter? I understand Shorter didn't build frames himself and guess his main builder was Barry(?) Chick.. Or as you say perhaps rebadged Holdsworth as could be a Putney shop number? Does your frame have fastback stays or integral seat bolt? Conjecture again.
Doug

Re:

Yeah K75013R was on both BB shell and steerer in the same font. All other Shorter numbers I've seen (not many) were not in this format. It is not a fastback- it is Bering Straits! The binder bolt housing is brazed on, with allen key bolt, as opposed to being an integral part of the pressed steel lug, with two-part Campag. bolt. Not quite sure of my terminology here!
Has 'pista' stack height, and originally a 65mm BB shell. I don't think I will ever know who built it..

yes I may be adding to the confusion when updating the charts, this has been done recently. The latest thinking Doug is referring to is below. There are so many 69 frames they can't all have been built in that year. As I get more numbers I add them to the Excel file and update graphs and charts periodically. Best to look in the Google Cloud site.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TNKZkN4TmM

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    31.3 KB · Views: 750
OldTel

I'd agree #69215 looks like a 1970'ish shop Pro. (Unclear but 69 numbers seem to have spanned years 69 to 73)

Frame has Collard's signature heavy wrapover seat stay and what is thought to be his vertically stacked serial. Even looks like had a metal head badge at one point. I'd guess would measure same as hole spacing for a Holdsworth badge? (To my knowledge Roy Thames never had a metal badge.)

Perhaps a repaint as a Roy Thame has something to do with Holdsworthy/Putney shop politics in 70's???

Doug

Re:

Hi, Thanks for the feedback Doug, Yes indeed the hole spacing is there about's for a Holdsworth Badge, and I found this http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... index.html which is 18 numbers away, and looks identical, so I'm 95% there as far as its identity is concerned. I believe Roy Thame could not use the Holdsworth name after 1975/6, so I'm assuming ( bad habit ) if a returning customer wanted a repaint at the shop after this point, he would of got a Roy Thame badged job, again just some thoughts. Terry

Yes, Dave has that CR Pro on his Excel data. Guess one can't assume anything, but I'd agree with your theory. Good catch and a beauty!
Doug

Back