Triumph Cycle - scrap it or save it?

Sam1984

Dirt Disciple
Can somebody please help me identify this Triumph? It weighs a ton, so I wonder if it's worth keeping. My hunch is no, but I wanted to check I wasn't scraping something worthwhile. There's no front derailleur, but quite a good looking crankset with two chain rings.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 443
Re:

Isn't this a BSO though? What are it's redeeming features? Any idea the model or year? I think it says 47899 on the BB, but hard to read. Could start with an A.

Re: Re:

Sam1984":1hjz4gt9 said:
Isn't this a BSO though? What are it's redeeming features? Any idea the model or year? I think it says 47899 on the BB, but hard to read. Could start with an A.

It's not cutting edge but it would have been a good bike for the time, nice lugs on the frame and the fork crown detail. Colour is rather nice too with the gold lettering. Worth saving.

Afraid I can't help with the year etc, I'm purely a fat tyre and mud lover ;)

Re:

What you have is a standard Raleigh frame, Triumph was their cheaper version, using a different fork crown. So 26 TPI head and bracket.

If you decide to scrap it you might get good money for the head bearing set if in near new condition as it was used in about 500,000 Carltons. (Assuming it is the octagonal Raleigh type)

Keith

Back