Ofmega Mistral

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys and girls,
I want to build a bike with the Ofmega Mistral groupset (will take some time as they are incredibly hard to find), but I'm not really sure about hubs and brakes. As far as I know, Ofmega never produced Mistral hubs and brakes (at least velobase doesn't show them and their Mistral pages are VERY detailled).
So what would fit best? I was thinking about Modolo Kronos but a lot of people say the braking power is more than poor. Is this true? Is there a period alternative? Preferred italian. Maybe Universal?
As for the hubs, I would again chose Ofmega, Super Competizione. Is this a good choice or not? Any other options?

Still looking for a frame (will probably be the last thing to buy), any suggestions?
I want to go "the route less travelled", so no "mainstream" as in Colnago, Bianchi and such, but a more individual frameset, maybe from a smaller italian builder.

I know, a lot of questions, but thanks for any help!

Mistral is nice :). Universal 77 wth slotted brake levers are neat but difficult the beat Campagnolo, the Ofmega hubs came in a nice blue colour too :

Midlife":14cyr21v said:
Mistral is nice :). Universal 77 wth slotted brake levers are neat but difficult the beat Campagnolo, the Ofmega hubs came in a nice blue colour too :

Yeah saw those hubs in blue, but hard to come by :D

I was thinking of somethin a bit more modern.. Also no Campagnolo, which would be a tad too "mainstream" for the bike..

Re:

Mhm Galli would be nice..
I saw a picture that there was a box with a Mistral groupset, but with Universal Aer brakes and levers. Are they really that bad?

Pedals are Ofmega CX and hubs Competizione. Regina freewheel and Ofmega headset.

Attachments

• DSC_0129_36c48d7d-27dd-42c8-84bb-9664f2df0456_1024x1024.jpg
    DSC_0129_36c48d7d-27dd-42c8-84bb-9664f2df0456_1024x1024.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 832
Re:

I had one of the chainsets and they are seriously lovely :cool: :cool:

Also in the early 80's for a couple of years the Raleigh team moved away from the 'Groupset' but did a euro group, Maillard hubs and CX pedals, Weinmann Carrera brakes and 805 rims, Simplex gears, Ofmega chainset and BB, Edco headsets....... Could be an idea ;)

Re:

I was thinking Modolo as well, but some of their brakes have a pretty bad reputation.
Since I'm not an expert, what brakes could you recommend? Just by the looks, I was thinking either Flash, Corsa, Equipe or Master.
Are any of those good?

Back