Show us your Eroica Ride!

a great weekend. Ok the weather helped but real efforts had been made to improve the practical matters of getting in,parking etc. Looks like some exhibitors dropped out after last years event, but hopefully the decent feedback will get them backfor 2018. See you all there?

ian.r.mcdonald":3vfdu1og said:
a great weekend. Ok the weather helped but real efforts had been made to improve the practical matters of getting in,parking etc. Looks like some exhibitors dropped out after last years event, but hopefully the decent feedback will get them backfor 2018. See you all there?

Have to agree, the weather may have help sway opinions but I'm the same. I think the new venue was far better, far better organized. The fact you could set up Thursday night helped and it all seemed far more staggered with people getting in and set up.
The showers and toilets were great and kept clean, and having drinking water on tap was great.
As at any of these things food was expensive as were drinks but I took a fair bit with me having known this.
The ride was well arranged thou I cant help think the food at the stops has steadily gone down over the last 3 years, but it was ok and was enough and there were plenty of drinks which were well needed. The route was great apart from where you had to share it with the 25mile guys coming the opposite way for a section.
But overall it was great in my opinion and I'll deff be back again next year.

All in all, I agree it was a great event. Blisteringly hot on some of the trails. The venue was certainly better but the weather helped for sure. The only thing I would pick it up on, is the first stop on the 55 mile ride (the most popular by far) was at 36 miles in with the second stop 12 miles later. Some great bikes on show

In the end I rode my 1962 Sun Mass Start 100 in the guise of a Snipe Prestige, the heat would have been too much on the higher geared Chris Barber 10...

P1010513_zpsiwuo5b2u.jpg

I was very happy with the event, my first time here, compared with Eroica California earlier this year the route was more interesting and was marshalled, the festival was bigger, and the best part was the reception of several hundred people at the finish. The hot weather made the course much tougher than it should be, but all in all a great weekend of lots to do, as well as some great bikes.

My next Eroica's are South Africa, Limburg (plus Classic 24hr Le Mans) and Tuscany in 2018.

Attachments

• ErociaBrit BigHeroicHoldsworth FridenGrange Jun2017 04050 TN.jpg
    ErociaBrit BigHeroicHoldsworth FridenGrange Jun2017 04050 TN.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 793
  • EroicaBrit StandingOutOrangeCamper FridenGrange Jun2017 003864 TN.jpg
    EroicaBrit StandingOutOrangeCamper FridenGrange Jun2017 003864 TN.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 793
  • EroicaBrit HoldsworthMaserati FridenGrange Jun2017 03856 TN.jpg
    EroicaBrit HoldsworthMaserati FridenGrange Jun2017 03856 TN.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 793
I also attended my first Eroica this year and had a great weekend. My dad, brother and I rode the 25 miler, however next year will do the 55.

I was impressed with the campsites/facilities and food on offer. Some stunning bikes on show too!

Well I just had to...

P6170515_zpsvhjcho8f.jpg

I didn't ride my Sun Chris Barber 10 on the Sunday, too hot and this bike was a little over geared...

Took it out on the Saturday though.

Back