Colnago Master - Seeking Advice

Thanks Keith - i think the Deltas will be traded in, they look great but as you say, dont actually stop you very well

Re:

Plus muppets pay silly money for deltas on eBay so I'd unload them if you plan to ride the bike much.

Compared to modern brakes the standard SR arches are pretty poor but deltas just slow the speed of impact; they don't actually stop you in an emergency...

Re:

and I actually thought my Deltas were great stoppers with an almost ABS feel. Saying that, I no longer have them so cant compare to modern dual pivots, but they were sooo much better than the standard Record calipers BITD.
Blocks wore down fast though

To be honest I did have a pair in under average condition and brake pads/braking surface may have had a part to play. EBay they went and put the cash towards my colnago. In the process of another colnago deal thanks to this thread :facepalm: ;)

The deltas on this one, i believe, are first generation, its my understanding Campag went on to improve them over the years

Re:

Quick update for those interested, frame respray by Bob Jackson and forks re-chromed by a local company in leeds

Attachments

• RenderedContent-BE861CFB-0E7A-4239-9515-20178FA9D58B.JPG
    RenderedContent-BE861CFB-0E7A-4239-9515-20178FA9D58B.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 590
Re:

Finished. Rides like a dream and if i do say so myself is rather handsome.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 479
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 479
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG