Rekord De Luxe

CMT

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I've just saved this from being scrapped but I'm wondering how much effort it's worth putting in. Does anyone have any information about this as I can't find too much about the brand on the internet

Photo%2028-06-2017%2C%2019%2038%2030.jpg

Photo%2028-06-2017%2C%2019%2038%2038.jpg

Photo%2028-06-2017%2C%2019%2038%2047.jpg

I'm back, I just found this discussion in Germany and this bike is more like yours.

http://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/inde ... ord.25990/

5247.png

So, I don't speak German, maybe one can tell what they are saying but that bike looks like it was made by the same people who made yours.

Austro Daimler, Steyr are Austrian bikes that have a good name, some German bikes do too, I passed up on one but kept photos.

It would just take some research to learn more.

Surely, you have a German bike. Nice. The lugs on your bike are rather handsome.

Re:

Many thanks for the information! I can see one for sale on the German auction for 460 euro but it looks in better condition and older than the one I now have.

Will investigate the 3 speed hub when I'm home later and see if I can find any serial numbers to try and age it.

Think I might clean it up, put some fresh tyres on, replace cables and bearings and just use it at a general run about unless anyone fancies taking it on.

Yeah it's an east German make, I think. Communist era. I stumbled across a couple of pics when I was looking for info on my XB3 which is Ukranian/Russian from the same sort of time period.

I remeber them as a kid in West Germany, cheap stuff sold though department stores as far as I can remember. My dad had a gas-pipe small-wheeled folder from them during the oil crisis.

Popped a new chain on, cleaned up the Torpedo rear hub, serviced the front brake, new inner tube in the rear so it could hold air and out for 20 miles or so today

Photo%2002-07-2017%2C%2017%2045%2042.jpg

Added a suitably vintage toolbox to the rear rack in case it fell apart (plus another couple of kilos made no difference)

Some new tyres on order as the front is a knobbly and the rear looks like it may well be the original and it is pretty far gone....

Photo%2004-07-2017%2C%2018%2058%2045.jpg

Popped some shiny new tyres on as I'm convinced the old ones were going to kill me and have made full use of the luggage rack taking a parcel to the local drop shop this evening.

Loving it!

Back