Eddy Merckx (Falcon before and after) Molteni

spog47

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but here's a couple of pictures of my 1973 Falcon Eddy Merckx that i've turned into a Molteni Replica. Mostly build with Shimnao First Gen Dura ace components.

Attachments

• Side View Old Eddy.jpg
    Side View Old Eddy.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,601
Re: Eddy Merckc (Falcon before and after) Molteni

Hi and welcome,

I would be interested in seeing some more pics.

Richard

I used to sell them :). The yellow and pink bands are missing from the seat tube :D

Shaun

Help me out here...

file.php

20150117_123852_zps92bb59d3.jpg

Are you saying the 'supermarket Eddy' Falcon in the first photo above is now the bike in the second photo, taken from your other thread?

The very one, Powder coated, new decals lots and lots of cleaning and polishing.

Looks lovely.
I love my Merckx Corsa but I also love that orange colour, just something about it, whether road or mtb. The current Surly cross check is a very similar orange.
Great work, keep posting pics and of course, get out and ride it ;)

Jamie

Re:

This post has inspired me, I recently acquired what I believed to be a Merckx frame and I couldn't believe my luck, until I found out I had a Falcon frame with some Eddy Merckx decals on it. I was duped!

I am a little bit unsure as to whether to restore the bike as a faux Merckx, a Flacon or even bother!

After seeing how stunning you've made yours though and already having acquired some parts do carry out the restoration, I think I want to carry on in the style it is, a sheep dressed up in wolf's clothing! It'll be my commuter and family bike anyway...

Back