Co2 canisters or pump ???

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I have started road riding again recently and have been reviewing my kit.

Going from Mountainbiking where I have a rucksack with enough space for the kitchen sink I have been thinking should I just take a couple of co2 canisters & valve rather than a pump or am I being foolhardy ??

Re:

Take both.

I use CO2 canisters for a quick fix.
And a pump as backup.
Modern mini pumps are really small, mine easily fits in a jersey pocket.
On shorter rides I use one of those water bottle/tool bottle things.

If I only take one it's always the pump.

Re:

I have just ordered a Topeak race rocket mini pump only 18cms long so ideal for my middle jersey pocket.

I think I had a weight weening moment yesterday :oops:

I wish you hadn't can you cancel it? I could karma you something equivalent that is just as useless.

I have tried all sizes and grades from lovely lezyne loveliness to the mini topeak things that are a complete waste of time unless you want to appear to be masturbating by the side of the road for 20 minutes and then not achieve enough pressure to be sure of a decent ride.

I also have three different gas systems, none of which i have ever used.

The History Man":txu0ofre said:
I wish you hadn't can you cancel it? I could karma you something equivalent that is just as useless.
mmm ... I have the toppeak - had it a couple of years now. Works a treat. Can't get track pump pressures, but I guess 90psi (ish). Using it on the road works better than the "get you home and ride gently" quality of some pumps

good buy in my opinion

I have a topeak micro rocket that was pretty useless. The race does look a bit more of a pump.

Re:

:?

Did someone say Karma :)

The pump I have used for mtb is an old topeak, its just too long for my jersey pockets and I never feel comfortable with it dangling (ooer) over the end.

Re:

use a underseat saddle bag enough room for mini toolkit spare tubes. bag off jellybabies. iphone ect
pump mini track type mounts next to water bottle
would rarther have 500gms off spares than a walk home :D

Back