Time pedal timeline ?

I think I'd rather get some Speedplay compatible shoes and make a shim (or try and find a set of compatibility disks) although my shoes and plastic adapters have done me ok for 25 years so I doubt i'll be replacing them any time soon

Yeah. I only used it as a stop gap when i had to use diadoras. Switched back to sidi as soon as i could.

Re:

no matter what adapter you use there needs to be enough thickness for some material under the square look washers , the washers them self and the screw heads

Re:

Anyone know the latest iteration of Sidi shoes that used the recessed adaptor plate for different pedals? I have a pair of Sidi Genius 2 that have them but they're a little tired.

Thanks

only the plastic Time disc to protect the carbon outsole . edited to say these are the black painted alloy cleats that were supplied with the 1st gen Titan Magnesium pedals

Attachments

• 14650671_10210600792526602_3935837737741474700_n.jpg
    14650671_10210600792526602_3935837737741474700_n.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 405
  • time discs.jpg
    time discs.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 402
latman":3oicypdk said:
only the plastic Time disc to protect the carbon outsole . edited to say these are the black painted alloy cleats that were supplied with the 1st gen Titan Magnesium pedals

Unfortunately the discs are like unicorns. I haven't seen any on the ebay in 2 years of looking, although if anyone wants to sell some.. :)

Thread Resurection :D

I have acquired a pair of NoS Defi 50.1. I fitted them to the bike and then tried to clip in but couldn't get enough downward force to push the spring back to let the cleat in...I hope that's clear. I took them off and then tried to push the shoe on by hand, again no luck.

I cannot see any way of slackening off the tension, should I give then a good greasing in case they are stiff after 30 years of inactivity, or is there anything else I can do to try and made them work before they get repurposed as doorstops. :evil:

There is no tension control as the spring is only for locating the cleat not retaining it (the red clip does that along with the central plate which the rear cleat clips underneath). It's difficult to clip in manually but should be very easy with the foot.

Is the red clip a bit loose? (it should be). If you slightly rotate your foot does it go in?

Latest posts

Back