Can you identify these french cranks

Sauvage

Retro Newbie
After trying to sell my custom made french frame(unmolested) on a few forums and failed now I am trying to decide what to do. In the mean time I have decided to service the bike. Maybe try and get some more information about it. The cranks don't have any identifying maker marks so wondered if anyone knew what they are. Also might help identify the puller to use to remove them.

NTRhj7N.jpg

The chain rings are dlra force.

Little Al":2zr6hxhp said:
As Midlife says TA cranks & the rings could be Stronglight
Rings are TA Criterium and the cranks look like TA to me. Not Stronglight as they would have the 'embossed' SL logo on them. TA used a stick-on 'label' in later years.

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 5&AbsPos=1

However, the 'depression' in the face might look a slightly different shape? But the rear of the pedal hole is blanked off, another TA peculiarity.

So, to me, they are TA.

Re:

The rings are TA adaptor not criterium, I sold hundreds of these in the 50/60's, and kept a full stock of all sizes. Criteriun was a single chainring with drillings to take one or two additional rings.

Keith

Re: Re:

keithglos":2q3pys8p said:
The rings are TA adaptor not criterium, I sold hundreds of these in the 50/60's, and kept a full stock of all sizes. Criteriun was a single chainring with drillings to take one or two additional rings.

Keith
You're right Keith. I'm full of cold at the moment - and the old brain ain't working properly!

Back