Alternatives to Shimano STIs?

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
I was just wondering wether there are alternatives to the Shimano STIs?
I'm not talking about Campa Ergos, but something similar from a smaller company?
Maybe I'm getting to hipster with it, but I don't want to have those "mainstream" brifters on my bike :roll:

Sachs did some, but they were rebadged campag.

Modolo did their own, but they're difficult to find and pricey.

Edco also made their own STI type lever, but I think they were only compatible with their own hydraulic brakes, not cable pull

Suntour Command levers are vaguely similar to STI, but they're a separate gear lever, not a combined gear and brake lever

Microshift do some, but at least some of them are old shimano parts they bought the tooling for

Rotor offer a hydraulic system

Gevenalle do what amounts to a thumbshifter lashed to the front of a brake lever

Re:

and there are Kelly take-offs, which aren't integrated into the brake lever. They are separate gear shifters but supposedly are used when in position on the bars

Re:

The Gevenalle shifters look great! As I think about building a CX/Urban everyday bike, they seem to be a real option, especially in the friction version!

The Kelly Take Offs are a nice idea, but seem to be a bit pricey for what they offer. Maybe they are an idea for a DIY solution..

command shifters up to eight speed.The seven speed ones will run eight by using the rear mech screw as an index point.Getting a bit rare and not cheap. They come up on e bay.Got them on most of the fleet.

Latest posts

Back