7spd freewheel

Alh14

Dirt Disciple
So I now have almost all the parts to finish my colnago master build.

Can anyone recommend a decent 7spd freewheel, rear hub is 126mm.

Re:

I assume this is for the C Record build discussed in another thread?

The only reason to go 7-speed is if you're going Syncro. Personally I'd avoid it. I had it running quite nicely with a 7-speed Regina America freewheel but it was still not very satisfying to use.

For friction, I'd go 6-speed. There are loads more blocks out there to choose from and as the cogs are a bit wider spaced, they are less fiddly to use.

I'm sure others will know which particular ones are best, but I've got a couple of Regina Extra blocks that are excellent. No fancy profiled teeth, a little bit agricultural, but a good satisfying gear change and no annoying tinkling noises.

Yes it's for the c record build, nos freewheels are getting rather pricey for a consumable item from what I can see on the bay.

Is there any 6 speed free wheels still produced as I can only find 7speed.

Re: Re:

pigman":1eimt50d said:
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s112p0/Parts-and-Accessories/Components-Gears-Sprockets-and-Screw-on-Freewheels

:oops: sorry my Google fu is weak today.

Regina Americas are probably the best in either 6 or 7 wear wise, I'm still on my 7's...just keep changing the chains.

If its for a garage queen then you can use anything that fits, but if you're going to ride it my choice would be Regina then Sachs/Maillard which can be found quite a bit cheaper from Europe.

What thread do you need and what teeth are you after?

I've just bought a IRD 7-speed from SPA for a Peugeot753/Spidel build. I wanted a 28t max sprocket for Italian alpes.

I have a Regina America 7 speed 12 straight up alloy sprocket block With very little use complete with green lubri tin I would sell if of any use to you Pm me if of interest

Latest posts

Back