Carlton - Tour de Worksop 2

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
A few images of the second TdW organised by the Carlton Cycles of Worksop owners Facebook group members. About 40 miles covered over a variety of terrains, including a time trial into Carlton in Lindrick, the birthplace of this famous marque. About 30 riders turned up from all over the UK to take part. A fantastic array of machines on display including a few Raleighs as well as Holdsworth. We visited all the former sites of the factories in Worksop, before moving out into Clumber Park. I did the run on my 1960 Flyer.

My mount for the day...
P4239846_zps1nrkwgsa.jpg

The old Kilton Road site...
P4239845_zpszt2pydrq.jpg

Time trial finish...
P4239841_zpseontx5lj.jpg

Getting ready for the time trail, setting off a 1 minute intervals///
P4239835_zps8abwgb3f.jpg

Kilton...
P4239847_zpsgokgjov0.jpg

P4239852_zpsushwembw.jpg

P4239859_zpsq2m1p2fv.jpg

P4239867_zpsetlakvdz.jpg

P4239877_zpszur2fh1g.jpg

P4239885_zpsxabczbv2.jpg

Re:

Nice pics Spokesmann.

Wish I'd known, would have brought an interloper along (a Raleigh, or a Rick Powell).

Rk.

Re: Re:

roadking":19bodzog said:
Nice pics Spokesmann.

Wish I'd known, would have brought an interloper along (a Raleigh, or a Rick Powell).

Rk.

Thanks,we had a few Raleighs and a Holdsworth along for the ride too...

TdW 3 is in the planning for next year, we are hoping to make it a two day event with 2 rides and a link up with the former Carlton Cycles works reunion at the old Kilton Factory in Worksop.

TdW 3 is in the planning for next year, we are hoping to make it a two day event with 2 rides and a link up with the former Carlton Cycles works reunion at the old Kilton Factory in Worksop.

Thanks for the video clips, after seeing a bit of the off roadin I wouldn't want to puncture my tubs on my Raleigh.

Back