Need advice about Pinarello "Treviso"?

Daz

Retro Newbie
Hello All,

New member here, I am a commuter biker who rides a Cube Hyde Race hybrid on my daily commute to work and to be honest I don't really have any interest in road bikes, however due a family bereavement I have inherited a Pinarello "Treviso" which I believe was bought new in the early 1980's.

I have written "Treviso" because after looking for info on these bikes on the web I am not 100% sure it is a Treviso as it seems that this was written on the frames of other Pinarello bikes as well?

I cannot seem to find any stamped ID numbers on the frame and the only clue to its age is a sticker celebrating wins in the Giro and Vuelta in 1981.

So can anyone tell me how I can positively ID this bike's type and age so I can put it up for sale knowing what I am selling rather than just guessing?

Once a positive ID has been established advice with what would be a fair price ask for the bike would be appreciated?

I can post pictures if someone can point to the right areas to take pictures of for an ID.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can give, I am not a bike guru so try not to blind me with tech terms please. :)

Regards, Darran

Re:

Hoping for some pics soon.............. :D

Some more flesh after a good look with a torch......... :cool:

Laprade SR saddle

2 gear front/ 6 rear, front gear Mavic 52

Mavic front/rear derailleurs

Shimano 600 shifters

Front hub Mavic/ rear hub Campagino

Galli brakes

Horizon Speciale tube sticker

Vuelta/Giro 1981 sticker

Inelli bars

Mavic MA40 wheels

Vittoria Zaffiro tyres

No markings on bottom bracket

Re:

For the original poster :

More to come when I get time to process and re-size.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.JPG
    IMG_4949.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 493
Back