Sun 'Mist'

pjtives":3rlfi4b8 said:
Thanks Mike, I think you are spot on there they look very familiar.

I have them on my Carlton Continental...
P8130082.jpg

That's it Mike, I think mine just had GB , I think I would have remembered "synchro" , they were quite rare I don't think any of my mates had 'em. Thanks for the photo.

Thanks. When set up they work very well indeed, simple side pull but with the benefits of the whole brake being easily centred on the wheel whilst setting up.

Attachments

• Weimann dynamic.JPG
    Weimann dynamic.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 696
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes these are 'asymmetric' brakes, very similar to Alternburger/GB Synchrons. Looks a very interesting old machine.

I know this is a rather old thread but thought I'd post a picture of my Sun Mist dated around 1970. Got it second hand for my birthday when it was about 1 year old. Not sure how I rode it as I look a bit small for it but I did! Still have it today and have done 1000s of miles on it. Was particularly proud of the Campagnolo deraillieur as my mates all had huret and it did stirling service until it wrapped itself around the rear sprockets on the coast to coast in 2006! Have done a number of touring rides on it in recent years including the pennine way, so not too bad for an old bike. :D

Attachments

• Sun Mist Bike.jpg
    Sun Mist Bike.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 406
Same bike over 40 years later..!! near Hadrians wall.
I updated the transmission to be more suitable for long distance touring following the gear smash up on the coast to coast! :shock:

Attachments

• Sun Mist Bike 2.jpg
    Sun Mist Bike 2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 404
Back