A bargain respray /

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Had my old Carlton Giro d'Italia re finished last month .I did not want to spent a lot on it .Hoped to colour match with the forks which were ok .
Powder coated on main frame .Old enamel on forks .
end result spot on .£40 + transfers added by me

Carlton . Giro d'italia by rebalrid, on Flickr

absolutely splendid that - one of those that turns out better than expected & at a cost that is just insignificant. happy days.

Now that does look nice :)

I had an earlier giro with the shot in seat stays which went narrower as they went into the frame. I used it as my winter fixed bike, nice yellow colour.

Wish I had kept it lol

Shaun

That looks extremely nice. The colour looks great, and the decals look very well balanced, with the red 'Carlton' and the rainbow stripes edging the chrome. I had a similar colour on a Carlton Connaught in the 60s.

This reminds me how much I like part chrome. If I saw this for sale I'd want it.
Thanks for posting.

Re:

Thank you for all your comments gents .
A project for next winter I reckon . I have all the components to do the build
Campagnolo Nuvo record gear bar end shifters , Centre pull brakes from GB , Record stem ,still chewing over handle bars . chainset looks like being campag unless I can find a nice TA one {easier on the legs} Wheel set 27 x 1 1/4 . Brooks saddle & full length mudguards to finish .

Re:

Paul that looks fantastic!
I have now got a Raleigh Pro MKIV Birds Mouth lugs frame and forks. Alas without the chrome which I really like. The paint is rough and the frame and forks need refinishing. I think I'd like to go this route. How is the finish holding up? Do they have a lot of colours?

Back