Elswick Rob Roy Info Search

Tracy76

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,
I'm new to this page so please be kind to me :D

I'm a cycle mechanics instructor working in the prison service & we receive bikes from various charities to refurbish and hand back to them to sell on, this week we received a cream coloured Elswick Rob Roy road bike & wondered if anyone has any information on this as a search on the internet has come up blank. I contacted Elswick & they suggested to ask on here!

Feeling hopeful someone might know something & can share their wealth of knowledge with me.

Many thanks in advance :D

Tracy

Re:

Hi Tracy

I can't help you re the model but if you describe the bike and what it has fitted that will help others to help you. A photo or two would be good.

Re:

Unfortunately due to where i work we can't get a photo but will get a list of what's on it when i'm back in work. Thanks for replying to me

Re: rob roy

Hi. I ended up buying this bike, it had top spec components for its time so that raised my suspicion re the model, having inspected the bike I now believe it's a home paint job, a quite convincing one in a bizarre rob Roy theme,had me fooled for a while, the components and the imp symbols on the brake calliper make me believe it's a Lincoln imp which was the top elswick model. Shame about the paint but it's a nice bike anyway!
Cheers

Re:

I am also searching for information about Elswick Hoppers, I own a Elewick Hopper Tour Angelais Prima, based on serial number it should be around 1963 built, but its old fashioned with its Cyclo rod operated front shifting mechanism, My bike has GB brakes, It seems like the wheels has been replaced. link to a site with some dating informations of the Elwicks. http://www.perthvintagecycles.com/2010/ ... -year.html
My Elswick is in the que of many other projects, but one day I will come around to it.

A couple of photos of my bike as found: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=355245.

Re: elswick

Hi there, I don't have much info about elswick but I do know they were solid factory built bikes, they certainly aren't as refined as an artisan frame like a Mercian or similar. The Lincoln imp certainly had 531 main tubes, Dunlop special lightweight wheels, gb arret brakes and simplex gears with Williams crank and bayliss Wiley bottom bracket. I'm pretty sure your lugs are not nervex, they look hand filed to me, I've had a fair few nervex bikes come through over the years but none with lugs like yours. Good luck with it, should be a nice ride! Cheers

Latest posts

Back