Campagnolo pedals

Meejoir

Retro Guru
I picked up these Campag pedals for a couple of quid at an auction last week. They're pretty smooth (even though they look suspiciously like a 1 wood golf club).

Anyway, can't find too much info about them, not even sure of the model. Anyway, question is this. What sort of cleats do I need? They're stamped Look, but not sure of the cleat type. Oh, and are they any good?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 767
Re:

They are Look pedals - licensed by Look to Campagnolo = Look cleats.

Trust you didn't pay much, I've just bought some brand new Looks for small change.

Jon.

Re:

Cheers Jon. They set me back a walloping £2. So is that Look Keo or Look Delta cleats? Dunno if there's any difference? Ive been Time pedals since 1998, so I'm a bit rusty!

Re: Re:

Meejoir":2ugiev3s said:
Cheers Jon. They set me back a walloping £2. So is that Look Keo or Look Delta cleats? Dunno if there's any difference? Ive been Time pedals since 1998, so I'm a bit rusty!

Sorry buddy, don't know the answer to that one. The Looks I recently bought were Keo's in classic white - homage to the PPs I bought in '87!

Jon.

Those will be look delta type - as far as I know campag have never made look keo type pedals. They used the delta design for a few years between their first clipless style (which was a bit naff and very heavy I think), and their current own clipless type. These aren't the record or carbon ones, so I assume they're from a lower range group (veloce or mirage)? For 2 quid, you can't go far wrong with them though!

Re:

they're LOOK Delta's the cleats are still available and should set you back around £8 to £10. the bearings can be serviced if they get a bit rough!

Griff

Re: Re:

Excel":1zg8ystg said:
they're LOOK Delta's the cleats are still available and should set you back around £8 to £10. the bearings can be serviced if they get a bit rough!

Griff

I concur.

.....not to be too much of a wet blanket I hope but they are essentially mid 90's LOOK 156 pedals badged under licence with the Campagnolo logo to complement either the Xenon or Mirage groupsets, LOOK also sold them with their own logo as well, they are a good durable, entry level lightweight pedal....I still have a pair on my winter bike and they spin as smooth as new. Just a heads up on your preference the red Look Delta cleats are the ones with more float and the black ones have less float more suited to racing etc.

Re:

Yes, I've ordered the red ones with an alleged 9 degrees of float. I'm probably on an eternal quest to find the right pedals - like my ongoing quest to find the perfect saddle, I've got the evidence hanging up on the wall in the garage.

Back