Campagnolo Front Derailleurs.

kipperthedog

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can any 9/10 speed Campag front Mech be used with QS shifters? Or do I need one marked QS? I can't find a definitive answer....

Thanks.

Needs to be QS as far as I know if a QS shifter. If it is QS Ultra then it has the good old micro index system and anything will work.

They work, you just need an extra couple of clicks... sometimes a double shift effort. ie a bit more shove.

If its the other way round, it makes little discernible difference to performance. I have Mirage levers shifting a Centaur QS front mech and it works very happily.

Re: Re:

Sorry to be late to this been away,in my experience v recently its QS mech with QS shifters couldn't get my Serotta 10 spd build not to foul the crank arm until I fitted correct mech then happy days

Re: Re:

stefthehat":2ogtafuy said:
Sorry to be late to this been away,in my experience v recently its QS mech with QS shifters couldn't get my Serotta 10 spd build not to foul the crank arm until I fitted correct mech then happy days

Sorry, but if thats got anything to do with mixing QS/non-QS then its truly bizarre.

Limit settings, cage/mech alignment, derailleur height, slightly bowed outer cage plates and even wrong axle length are all more likely to be the root cause of that one.

The geometry of QS shifters is only slightly different to the non-QS type and is designed to ease shifting at the lever. It has no bearing on where the cage needs to go to shift.

Mixing QS with non-QS (regardless of which way) will have an effect at the lever in that it willl either take more clicks or more force to shift. Any impact at the derailleur will be isolated to the "speed" of shift.

Bouncing the mech off the inside of the crank arm is a setup issue.

Re:

Oh and in reply to part of the original question, newer non-QS mechs are effectively QS without the branding, so will work without issue.

I would try to stick to the same speed although even thats not esential outwith mixing 11 speed components.

Back