Anyone Any Good With Retro Road Shoes ?

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

Anyone know any history on this shoe type, particularly the years they were sold and rrp ?

I think I have sussed out the make and model ... :LOL: but any other info really appreciated :D

Cheers,

WD :D

Re:

Far as I know Gaerne do motorbike stuff. Try asking in your local motorbike shop.They could probably put you on to the company
Peter

Gaerne make shoes and boots for both motorised and self propelled two wheel bikers. They are very much alive and kicking as a business and they have, for many years, been my favourite shoe maker. I have erm... several pairs.

Try sending them an emailhttp://www.gaerne.com/cycling/en/contatti/

They're a fairly small company and are passionate about what they do, so you have a good chance of a reply. I've had a response to any email I've sent them.

As for your shoes, my guess is late 90's/early 2000's. I can get all of the mounting options with the exception of the two rectangular indentations... What cleat are they for?

My first thought was quill pedal cleats, but none of the shoes I had "back in the day" looked like that. Is it for some proprietary style?

Thanks everyone :D

I emailed them last week - hoping they will get back soon ...

What's the back central hole for then, I couldn't suss that ? (Or the indentations) :?

WD :D

The hole at the back is for latter day quill cleats. My first "proper" shoes had cleats that attached with one bolt in that position.

Maybe they had lugs on the cleats and indentations too... It was quite some time ago.

Taking that into account, I'm revising my age estimate to pre-1995

We sold those in the LBS where I used to work in around '92-94.
Good quality Lorica shoes from a motorbike boot makes, not unlike the Sidi set-up.

All the best,

Back