campagnolo brakes ID

Stick a magnet on the brake block holders, if it sticks it means they are nuovo record. The only difference between nuovo record and super record were the alloy brake block shoes. Are the brake levers drilled with holes.

Shaun

Ps. Hi Jon , I see you have a new Roberts in your stable :)

Midlife":2httv593 said:
Shaun

Ps. Hi Jon , I see you have a new Roberts in your stable :)

Well spotted Shaun; only when I contributed to a recent article on Roberts did I discover I have the two oldest Roberts framesets (#107 & #127).

Cheers, Jon.

Midlife":37t41gyk said:
Brake block holders look a bit shiny so may be steel. Nuovo Record if so. The Domed end to the release makes them post cpsc which dates them from 1978 and I think they finally stopped making them mid 1980's.

Shaun
Idiot question, but what is cpsc?

CPSP were the American rules that made Campag change their designs for safety, domed levers and plastic covers on brakes, lip on the front mech (so change to cranks and BB), curved QR skewers, bulged bit on the skewer nut, plastic bit on the rear mech to cover a screw.....I think that's it?

Shaun

Re:

Cheers mate, learn sommat new every day
I know the differences you mean, I just thought they were for styling

We never got it back then either. I was riding crits at the time and fell off a couple of times. To be honest it was the impending impact of body parts on concrete and gravel that focussed the mind and not how stabby the QR levers where!

Shaun

Back