1952 all chrome Hill Special Path Racer

Here you go:
IMAG0215-672x380%201_zpsdpjpzyyp.jpg

IMAG0201-672x380_zpsyrivfjhf.jpg

Small world...

All the best.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ok then, can anyone tell me what type thread bolts I need for the mudguard eyes on the frame? I, er, 'accidentally' threw the originals in the scrap pile by mistake.

Have you tried an M5 as a gauge, Mark?
Thread is probably 2BA if a normal M5 thread is too tight in the hole. 2BA is about 4.7mm outside diameter, but with a pitch of 0.8mm, same as normal M5.
If the M5 is really loose in the hole but binds up eventually, the threads are most likely 1BA, so around 5.3mm OD, but this has a 0.9mm equivalent pitch.

All the best,

Yup, those look fine. Probably the 3/8 or 1/2" long ones depending on the stack height or the mudguard stays you're bolting on and the thickness of the dropouts.

Purists would demand a cadmium plated or brass slotted cheese-head or pan-head screw (DIN 84 or 85), though....none of that new-fangled stainless Allen key stuff...

All the best,

Back