Name this road bike??

Carolynmichael19

Retro Newbie
Hey,
So I'm new here but have recently come into ownership of a vintage Raleigh road bike. I know it's a team Panasonic but can't see a serial number. Also can't seem to find any of the team Panasonic in this ladies style. Just wondering if anyone knows what year it may be from ☺

Attachments

• IMG_7670.JPG
    IMG_7670.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 747
Serial number might be hiding under the saddle vertically on the seat tube.

Raleigh was run by bean counters and they numbered everything !

Shaun

It's definitely not a team Panasonic: no derailleur hanger and it has mudguard eyelets. It looks remarkably unmolested so I guess the steel wheels, suicide brake levers and basic transmission are original.

Maybe they did a low-end lookalike model.

Looks very much like a Raleigh Medale with a go faster paint job.....Or a Candice....Or a Panache. :D

Ah I see; had just assumed the type from the paint job! Just had a look at the Raleigh medale, definitely looks of that's style!! Would someone have done the paint job themselves or would it have been done by Raleigh?

Re:

I recall Raleigh doing this themselves they often did 'specials' like this ( I worked in a Raleigh dealership at the time.).

Chainset looks the same as on the Candice though the stem is lower on yours for that get your head down "slammed" look.

It's Raleigh using the "halo" effect, sometimes they did a limited run like the above or mass marketed like the Europa. I wonder if the frame number is hidden by the under BB guide?

Shaun

Back