Vintage Falcon...anyone help with age / or model?

Re:

Fascinating, isn't this forum amazing.

Now, the next question to drive you nuts.... who, in Italy, made the frames?

IRB brought over quite a bit of Italian stuff around that time, reputedly the frames were sourced from Viner...

Shaun

kingbling":2nuvljm5 said:
You never cease to amaze me either Shaun

For really interesting stuff it was hard to beat the RJ Chicken rep. He had some lovely imported kit from various places which was always nice :)

I wonder if they are still on the go.,., just off to google :)

Shaun

Hi Andy

Around 1982 Falcon were making the Super Pro model. The frame sticker and the brochure say the tubing was Cr Mo. Do you know what make of tubing they were using?

Gary

Midlife":2spbtt4e said:
Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. I worked for Cliff Pratt Cycles in Hull and Billy Holmes was our friendly Falcon rep. He got me my Falcon San Remo Equipe road frame which I still have and also the team track frame which I sadly don't

Billy used to bring all sorts of things to the shop but I never remember any Columbus frames, mind you 1982 was just after my time so even Billy might never have seen them.

When you were in charge where there still a bunch of ladies making the higher end frames

Cheers

Shaun

It was Billy that rang me up, whilst I was in hospital nursing a broken leg, to offer me a job at Falcon.

And yes, the majority of the workers in the frame shop were female and they were generally superior to the lads at brazing

Southcoast":slm9nts5 said:
Hi Andy

Around 1982 Falcon were making the Super Pro model. The frame sticker and the brochure say the tubing was Cr Mo. Do you know what make of tubing they were using?

Gary

That'd be Accles an Pollock cro-mo tubing.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info on the tubing. I've been try to find out what the tubing was for years. At last I have the answer. That's great.

Gary

Featch":3ofy919d said:
Midlife":3ofy919d said:
Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. I worked for Cliff Pratt Cycles in Hull and Billy Holmes was our friendly Falcon rep. He got me my Falcon San Remo Equipe road frame which I still have and also the team track frame which I sadly don't

Billy used to bring all sorts of things to the shop but I never remember any Columbus frames, mind you 1982 was just after my time so even Billy might never have seen them.

When you were in charge where there still a bunch of ladies making the higher end frames

Cheers

Shaun

It was Billy that rang me up, whilst I was in hospital nursing a broken leg, to offer me a job at Falcon.

And yes, the majority of the workers in the frame shop were female and they were generally superior to the lads at brazing

Hi Andy

Thanks :) ties in with trying to find out who actually made my frames. All I was told that it was one of 6 ladies.....oh, and the frame number is no help as they seemed pretty random LOL

I loved working with Falcon, they were so different to Raleigh ( we were a Raleigh 5 star dealer), never knew what was going to happen :)

Accles and Pollock, blimey that takes me back. In the basement of Cliff Pratt there was all the kit need for frame building including jigs, brazing ans shed loads of tube......including Accles and Pollock I guess. Here's an old advert and the name is in the bottom left..

cliff-pratt1s.JPG

I followed Falcon for a while but earning a living sort of took over but I came across a few frames wich had all chrome rear triangles..very nice. Not sure who built them.

I have a Thompson frame in the garage, must post some pics :) I have been looking at this ..

Thompson-TT_sml.jpg

Shaun

Back